Thursday, January 22, 2009

Without A Paddle: Nature's Calling Blu-ray Review

Without A Paddle: Nature's Calling Blu-ray Review
Written by Loys JohnsonDisc Size: 22.2 GB
Film Size: 19.1 GB
Film Rating: PG-13

Video
Nature's Calling comes to Blu-ray with a 1080p AVC/MPEG-4 video presentation. The transfer looks very nice, with a good amount of detail, and vibrant colors. Black levels were also quite solid, as was overall sharpness. My biggest complaint has to do with the source more than anything, the squirrels in high-def could not look any faker, but overall, it doesn't take away from the actual Blu-ray transfer. This one looks good, just not amazing. 8/10.

Audio
A 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio track is included, and sounds quite decent. The film was quite front heavy for my liking, but it was still alright. Dialogue stayed front and center, clear at all times. The film's music stayed mostly in the front left and right speakers, never really expanding to the surround area. I can't say I was disappointed though, as I didn't expect demo material from a comedy. Overall it's nice, but hardly impressive. 7.5/10.

Extras
Up The Creek: The Making Of Without A Paddle: Nature's Calling (10:30) (HD)
Furious Nuts (7:00) (HD)
Treehouse Tales (3:18) (HD)
Gag Reel (5:28) (SD)
Deleted Scenes (1:16) (SD)

Blu-news Summary
Without A Paddle: Nature's Calling was actually not as terrible as I imagined it would be, it was actually quite funny. The film has some greats gags and jokes throughout, and I was entertained the whole time. It's not something I see myself watching many times, but it's fun.

The Blu-ray release is quite good, and actually a significant upgrade from the DVD release. The film's extras are not much, but I'm sure fans will enjoy them. Overall the Blu-ray release is 'A Solid Rental,' as it is forgettable, but something I wouldn't rule out watching at least once.

To Order From Amazon.com, Click Here!

Additional Screenshots:
To Order From Amazon.com, Click Here!


No comments: